Well I took the whole weekend off for this blog as I am in the middle of moving and there was just no time for me to post. But I am back at it with a vengeance. My first blog promotion tip for the week is comment approval. I visit a lot of blogs and the first thing that pisses me off is when I write a long engaging comment and hit submit and I get a your comment has been submitted for approval. Not only is this a turn off for the visitor of a persons blog it is bad business.
You should reward the readers that are nice enough to leave a comment on your blog by having your comments set on auto approve. The reader should not have to register to comment and enter captcha, that is a waste of the readers time and and will cause a reader to leave your blog and never return . This is not user friendly and is not going to make your blog special by requiring this. If you are worried about spam then use askimet plugin or another spam plugin to filter the spam. Every now and then a spam comment will squeeze thru your spam filter but who cares, just delete it. If you are really working to improve your blog promotion then you should be monitoring your blog and engaging with your commenter’s and you would notice a spam comment sneaked by your plugin. But I doubt this will happen very often as askimet is vastly improved now to detect all the spam comments you dont want. If someone takes the time to leave a comment on your blog then follow them back to there blog and leave a comment or there blog and let them know you saw they visited your blog. If your blog gets hundreds of comments a day then just do your best to comment back on as many as you can. This will go a long way in building bridges to more readers and help you increase your blog promotion. Something as simple as commenting on a blog post should not be time consuming and difficult for your blog readers. If you have your blog on approve all comments then you need to change it and install the askimet plugin and put all comments on auto approve. Trust me on this it will make your readers very happy to know that he or she could comment on your article and it is auto approved. Those blog owners who require you to jump thru hoops don’t deserve a comment and if you are looking to get a backlink out of one of these type of comment moderation is on blogs forget it. They will not approve your comment as they think they are the comment police, and whoa is them if someone leaves a backlink on there blog. Leave a comment on my blog today and watch the auto approve. Happy Blogging Monday
Categories: Blog Promotion, Blog Promotion Comment approval, Blog Promotion Tips, Blogging comment Promotion, Blogging Tips Tags: Blog Promotion and Comment Approval, blog promotion auto approve comments, blog promotion tips comment approval
10 things to do for blog promotion and to increase your blog traffic
1. Submit your articles to article directories and ez articles. A very good way to get back links and to drive traffic if done properly. A good article written today can bring traffic to your blog years from now from these article sites.
2. Submit your blog to some large free directories and search engines. Dont overdue the directories as not many people use them anymore,very outdated method of blog promotion but it can bring some traffic. You will see authors plug directories as being so important in blog promotion. But that was years ago, it is only important now to submit to the huge directories. PR 5 and above
3. Submit your site to free website review sites. Before you do this make sure your site is ready for a review, make sure you have at least 3 weeks worth of content.
4. Write related articles on WikiPedia with your blog url in it. I am guilty of not doing this very often, however it can lead to a traffic increase. But most of wikipedia is no follow, and I am anti no follow sites as they do not give anything in return for your contribution.
5. Start a myspace page for your blog.and post some of your articles in your blog on myspace. Myspace is a follow site for Blog entries which is a good thing for page rank.
6. Start a facebook page for your blog. Post links to your blog and promote your blog thru your friends pages. It can be a tedious task at times to visit all these social networking sites but it is not to be overlooked if you want to cover all angles in blog promotion.
7. Start a twitter page for your blog. This is a must for this year as twitter is the new leader in social networking sites, love it or hate it, you need to do it. Then set your blog up with a twitter plugin that tweets all your articles and posts them straight to twitter. And every now and then get on twitter to make some real human tweets to show that you are a real person and not just a plugin robot person. Those who use twitter like real human interaction so make sure you are making some real tweets as well.
8. Start a yahoo answers account to answer questions related to your niche, be sure to leave your link in the resource box. I have written about this before in previous posts. Yahoo Answers is a follow site and a PR 8 site which gives excellent back links. When you have nothing to blog about put in work on this site answering every question that is even remotely close to your niche with your blog as the answer.
9. Join Forums related to your niche if you can find them, if not create one for your niche and post the link to it everywhere. Forums are a great way to get people interested in your blog, this is a time consuming task but if you want to be successful make time for it or get a partner to help you. Which leads to my last blog promotion tip. PHFGZAKE2D8V
10. Get a partner to help you with your blog. One person cannot do the work of 2 people. With a partner you have just doubled your blog promotion capabilities. Find someone you admire for there work ethic and ask them would they be interested in being a part of your blogging venture. If you are blogging for fun then just keep on doing it by yourself, but if you are blogging for profit then a partner is the way to go. And one word of personal advice is do not let your partner be a member of your family. The old saying is true never mix family and business together. I made this mistake once and it caused me whole lot of grief that could of been avoided if I would not of went into business with my family member.
Categories: Attract Blog Readers, Blog back links, Blog Promotion, Blog Promotion Tips, Blogging Tips, Increase Blog Traffic, Using Twitter for Blog Promotion Tags: 10 Ideas to use for Blog Promotion, Get a partner to help you with your blo, Post links to your blog, Start a twitter page for your blog, Start a yahoo answers account
Top 3 Blog Promotion Ideas
1. Get T-Shirts printed with your URL on it
and give them out to friends and family. This can be a somewhat expensive blog promotion idea but it carries a lot of weight. The amount of people that will see your url on a t-shirt during the life of that t-shirt could be thousands and thousands. Just about everyone wears t-shirts so they are a easy giveaway and they need no talking into to get someone to accept your freebee. It is easy to get t-shirts printed online from many t-shirt business‘s. If you live in a big city you can get them done at a t-shirt shop, the more you buy the cheaper the per unit cost. Humans are curious by nature and people will visit your url if they see it on a t-shirt.
2.Blog Promotion on Billboards and Bus stop benches
This can be a reach for some startup blogs budgets. But the old saying goes it takes money to make money holds true to this day. In every town in America their are billboards for rent that you can have your url and tag line on. These can be seen by millions if you get one by a busy highway in a big city. If you live in the country it might not be the best idea for you. Billboards are a very good way to advertise and are not to be overlooked it you are serious about promoting your blog. It can be a expensive way to advertise. But if you think big you will become big if you think small you will stay small.
3. Laptop Skins for Blog Promotion
I love this idea as it is the least expensive idea for today and it can pay off in dividends. Their are many Laptop skins business’s that you can design and have a laptop skin made for your computer. This is only a good idea if you use your laptop in coffeshops and airports and places where people are around. If you never leave your house with your laptop then revert back to Idea 1 or 2.
Five Important Steps to Building Links to Your Blog
This important blog promotion tip is known as “link building,” it is getting other Web sites to link to your site. It’s like one of your neighbors recommending a auto repairman or good restaurant; it carries a whole lot more weight than if a person just found your blog site.
Building links have become increasingly more important to the Search engines because they see links as an endorsement or Co sign of your site by other Blog sites.
The best way to build links is still doing it yourself,do not pay any website to build links for you and never pay for links. Here are the steps you should follow when building links:
1. Set a Goal and dont stop until you achieve it.
Link building is very time consuming, but it is very effective and easy to do, so you want to keep at it. Set a goal for the number of links you want as a way to stay motivated through the process. If your goal is 1000 links then dont stop until you achieve this goal. I repeat do not stop until you achieve your goal. There is no feeling in the world like reaching your goal.
2. Identify the type of blogs you want to link with.
Focus on blogs and sites that are related to your target market niche, we have all heard this since the start of seo techniques. But do not ignore blogs that are not related to your niche. A lot of the old so called standards for linking you will read about on the outdated posts do not apply today. Some of the algorithms used by google in the past are not used anymore. I know I have put them to the test and all my finding are that it does not matter anymore where the links come from. To achieve front page rankings in the past you needed a lot of links, this is no longer the case. The reason you need a lot of links for blog promotion is to establish many avenues for traffic sources to your blog. Links from blogs in your niche are important because if someone is interested in basketball and your site is about basketball then of course it would be a good thing to have your link on other basketball sites.
The higher a page ranks the better. One strategy is to try to link up with sites that have pages ranked as high as or higher than your own. This can and always has been the hardest part of link building. Most high PR sites dont give the little blogs and sites anything. They even turn off their follow comments part of their site as they get bigger. It is like they are too good for the old neighborhood since they moved on up. Some of the big PR sites think google penalizes them for linking to lower PR sites. Google does not confirm this , as they give no PR information out. I would say that Linking to high PR sites is definatley good for your blog but not a must. Dont lose
sleep over it if you are snubbed by a lot of high PR sites in your niche. You can get quality High PR links from sites like PR 8 Digg.com and PR 8 answers Yahoo for free and with no trouble at all and I doubt any site in your niche is a PR 8. Those 2 sites give you immediate follow links that are from PR 8 sites.
4. Make a list and Follow up
Make a list in excel or word of every blog or site you have tryed to link to. After about a week check their blog to see if they have added you, if they have not send them a follow up email asking them to link you again. Sometime persistance pays off, they might have overlooked your first email or it could of went to the spam folder do not assume that they just didnt link you. A follow up email is
a step that has paid off for me many times and you should use it. Do not get discouraged if some blog snubs you, just keep it moving and keep your eye on the prize. Like the old saying goes Rome was not built in a day.
5. Set a schedule for blog link building.
It will be a lot easier on you if you set a schedule for your link building campaign. If you do it for 1 hour a day at a set time , then stick to your schedule you will achieve your goal. Do not try to get 1000 links in a month this is not the way to do it, the slow grind is the best way and the natural way. Google will notice if you get 150 links overnight and it might penalize you for this as it seems fishy. Happy link building
Categories: Blog back links, Blog Promotion Tips, Blog Tips, Blogging Tips, Building Blog Links, Creating inbound links, Increase Blog Traffic Tags: 5 Steps to Building Links to Your Blog, Important Steps to Building Links to Your Blog, Steps to Building Links to Your Blog
I have been working on websites and blogs nonstop for the past few years and I have learned a lot about my competition from a site called dnscoop.com . It is blog promotion tool that I use on a regular basis to study my competitors site. The inbound links tab is a super valuable list of where your competitors inbound links are coming from. When you look at your competitions inbound links number , it can show you where you stand compared to your competition. Inbound links are very important in google’s page ranking system. If you dont track your blog niche’s competition you need to start. If you have a blog that has no competition in your niche then this post doesnt serve you well, but for most blogs there is definately competition for every keyword you are striving to get on the front page for. The next part of using the dnscoop inbound link checker is to click next and see where all the links are coming from. It will show you what sites are linking to your competition’s site and give you a list of follow sites that you can possibly get a inbound link back to your site. This might seem like a daunting task as some sites have thousands of inbound links to their site. But if you put in just one hour a day going thru the list looking to see if you can get the same inbound link to your site or contact the site owner it will pay off in the long run. You have to dig deep to reach the front page treasure that google will reward you with when you have enough inbound links.
Every inbound link is another avenue to generate traffic to your blog. There are other sites and trackers that provide inbound link services,but I use dnscoop because they are free and I always stick with the sites that have served me well in the past. Like the old saying goes its hard to teach a old dog a new trick , but i hope I have taught you one today. Use dnscoop to catch your competition it can be done, I know I have done it and will do it again. Happy Blogging !